الجمعة، 07 أكتوبر|
Do you as a dancer or teacher want to learn more about injuries? How to prevent them and what to do when you become injured? This Dance symposium was put together for the Dancers and Teachers in mind. Learn new and and interesting training techniques based on scientific research and experience.
Time & Location
07 أكتوبر 2022، 8:00 ص غرينتش+2 – 08 أكتوبر 2022، 1:00 م غرينتش+2
Cape Town, 9 Deerhurst Dr, Sunningdale, Cape Town, 7441, South Africa
About the event
This is a unique and practical course for Dancers and Teachers to learn how to prevent and manage injuries.
Janine Paladin and Jana De Wet are two very passionate and experienced practionioners in the field of orthopaedics and Ballet/Dance rehabilitation. They have collaborated their expertiese to bring you this jam packed symposium for all things dance related, bringing the latest scientific research to a practical setting for teachers and dancers to understand.
This course is for any dancer (minimum age 12) and teachers/coaches who want to learn more about their bodies and how to prevent injures to prolong their career. To advance their skills, flexibility, strength and gain a deeper understanding of the importance to new age training.
What to expect:
- Theory scientific based sessions
- Discussion on challenges dancers face
- Understanding Ballet/Dance technique Myths vs Reality
- Looking at common Ballet/Dance injuries
- Understaning a dancer as a whole
- Parental involvement with young dancers
- Hearing from professional dancers and the injuries they have endured
- Practical applications of Cross Training
- Correct shoe fitting and point shoe prep
- Open class with ex professional dancer
- Personalised session for teachers and their role in injury management
- Goodie bags
- Plus more
Guest speakers / sessions include:
- Kim Viera - Ex Senior Principle for Cape Town City Ballet
- Laura Bösenburg - Ex Senior Principle for Cape Town City Ballet
- Mikayla Isaacs - Artist at Cape Town City Ballet
- Ballet World shoe fittings session
Register now to book your spot!
Normal price: R2250
Early Bird Special: R1950 (closes on 12th September 2022)
Registration closes on 5th October 2022
Dance Symposium RegistrationRallim School
Introduction and Injury analysis - Janine PaladinRallim School